July 22, 2007

Blog'a'loreans: The new phase of "Bang(osphere)"

Wondering what is Bang(osphere) , let me reveal it - It is the arrival of a new phase of Blogosphere in Bangalore.Having missed second edition of Proto,my wish was that the Bangalore Blogger's Meet,termed "Blogaloreans" would turn out to be interesting question And to my surprise it was not so interesting but VERY interesting wink

Around 50 bloggers from Bangalore , met at around 10:30AM in BrewHaHa and the charge was seen right from the beginning.The session with a brief round of introduction and there were all sorts of bloggers - Seasoned, Newly,Geeky,Non-Geeky......Bloggers(and others) in the crowd were really excited when I disclosed that I found my partner through my blog and my introductory session was really interesting(photo below).The introductory session went on for around 45-50 minutes and than started the topics of discussion.

Himanshu, introducing himself

Blog'a'loreans : In a nutshell:


- Sridhar Rao(who eats-drinks-sleeps startups) and Harinath Pudipeddi(Aspiring Social Entrepreneur) shared their idea of a Web NGO,which seemed to be quite appealing.Lot's of ideas from the audience in the meet and this idea would be discussed in BarCamp Bangalore-4 (BCB-4)

- Now it was my turn to make a Pitch wink.With "Wings" just around 3 weeks away,we required support in any way that was possible and this was the best place to make the Pitch.Ashwin than took over the baton from me and made an excellent pitch for Wings as well as Nisarga India.There were quite valuable suggestions , which would help us to take things forward !!!

- Arun Ramarathnam , one of the organizers of BCB4 gave a small introduction about BarCamp and how we can carry forward the discussion carried out here in the unconference biggrin He also put forward a very good question "Who are the 5 most influential blogger's in Bangalore" and his first recommendation was Thejesh G N who manages EventsInBangalore.Debate than started on the controversial word INFLUENTIAL , since it varies from individual to individual and that debate was left incomplete sad [I wished at least few people recommended me as one of the Influential Blogger's in Bangalore wink ]

- Finally,we had a discussion on "Domain registration" for the formation of this community and this would be a one stop for "Bloggers in Bangalore".

- There were few topics which were untouched which would be discussed at a larger scale in BCB4 as a part of the "Blogger's Collective".Sanjukta,the enthusiastic advocate and one of the organizers of "Bangalore Blogger's Meet",made a closing note for the event.Oh Oh , forgot something, it was Sridhar's birthday and he was given birthday bumps(a memorable day for him).

What I missed at the event:

- Wanted to meet Ramjee Ganti and Piyush Gupta,the two geeky guys but I guess they missed the event cry
- Could not blog the event live though AJ has a done a wonderful job by blogging it here

The event started in a grand way and also ended in a grand way !!!! Thumbs up to the organizers Sanjukta and Dhivya for this event...This event could easily be termed as a Mini-UnConference smile

What other blogger's are saying about Blog'a'loreans:

Jayanth - Bangalore Blogger's Meet - BrewHaHa
Prashanth - Bangalore Bloggers Meet: We Met up!
AJ - Bangalore Blogger's Meet
Neha - Bangalore Blogger's Meet
Mutiny - Blog’a'loreans’ (Bangalore Bloggers’) Meet - 21st Jul 07
Adheeth - Bangalore Bloggers Meet - Blog’a'loreans
Tanay - Bangalore Blogger's Meet
Bikram - Bangalore Bloggers' Meet
Cipson - Bangalore + Blog + Blogger: Bangalore Bloggers Meet
Lavanya - A Phlogger’s guide to the Blogalorean meet
Anbusivam - Blog'a'loreans- Meet
Thejesh - Meet Bangalore Blogger at bcb4
Jerry - Blog-a-loreans’ (Bangalore Blogger’s) Meet - 21st Jul 07

Image Courtesy: Arun Ramarathnam
Jerry

Logo Courtesy: Mutiny

Blog'a'loreans covered in Bangalore Mirror(23rd July,2007):
Bangalore Mirror covered the event and guess what,Wings was covered in the article(marked in RED BOX in the article)....I am also seen in the photo(but not so visible sad)


Labels: , , ,

13 Comments:

At Jul 23, 2007, 10:55:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I missed it. I was actually late. Next time will be there.

 
At Jul 23, 2007, 12:42:00 PM , Blogger Cipson said...

Hi Himanshu,

Hope you found my card from your wallet. Here is my Bloggers Meet post
http://meninweb.blogspot.com/2007/07/bangalore-blog-blogger-bangalore.html

 
At Jul 23, 2007, 2:18:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I must tell u ...I will remember the bumps...I got on my Bday...that to during an Mini-Unconference...

Had gr8 time....njoyed...a lot

 
At Jul 23, 2007, 8:27:00 PM , Blogger Bikram said...

I'm not missing the BarCamp in any way. Here's my take on the BrewHaHa meet - genius @ play

:)

 
At Jul 24, 2007, 12:04:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,
@Thejesh: You missed it but you definitely have great respect in the Blogosphere.

@Cipson: I got the card :) I would definitely add the link to this post

@Sridhar: Did you get any bumps?

@Vicky:Nice post..Would link to my article.

-Himanshu Sheth

 
At Jul 24, 2007, 12:50:00 AM , Blogger alok said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At Jul 24, 2007, 12:55:00 AM , Blogger alok said...

I am sure you guys had a great time there ...

Keep rocking :)

 
At Jul 24, 2007, 10:13:00 AM , Blogger Dhivya said...

Hey nice Post!

Yes and everyone will remeber your introduction

Cheers
Dhivya

 
At Jul 24, 2007, 5:42:00 PM , Blogger Dhivya said...

also i like the fact that you have listed all the other blogs..and also refrenced your photograph source..hardly anyone does it.. I personally think its a great habit it kind of makes people appreciative of you efforts.

 
At Jul 25, 2007, 1:30:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,
@Alok : Yes,we all had a good time and enjoyed a lot :)

@Dhivya: Yes,I did enjoy a lot.In fact,we should thank you for making this possible.
I have been following this policy since the time I started blogging and this helps me build a big network ;)

-Himanshu Sheth

 
At Jul 25, 2007, 10:22:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

gud one mate ;)
wish i was in bangalore

 
At Jul 27, 2007, 1:24:00 AM , Blogger Himanshu Sheth said...

Hey Daksh,
Yes man..You missed it (:

-Himanshu Sheth

 
At Jul 30, 2007, 11:14:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Himanshu for mentioning.
Now your wish to meet me is been fulfilled ;).

Very nice to meet you!.

Will keep meeting!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home