January 26, 2007

Campus E-recruitment demystified

Welcome to CampusChai
During my good old college days,I remember we had Placementpapers where everyone could find the placement papers of many IT companies.But now with the advent of Web 2.0,things have become different and the face of e-recruitment has also changed.Recently,I came across CampusChai blog when I was searching for "recruitment blogs" on Google.

Just like startups.in, CampusChai has a tag line "100% Indian".Now you may ask me "What is so different in CampusChai?".These guys have the basics right and this is what matters for the end user of the website.To see the difference,I also created my profile in CampusChai and found many interesting things ,some of which are mentioned below:

Good marketing strategy:
I liked the marketing strategy followed by CampusChai.There is a contest currently running on this site and the winner of the site would get a brand new PS2.So,to win this you need market CampusChai through your Blog, Orkut(Social Networking), Ryze(Business Networking).I dont know how they forgot to mention LinkedIn and TechTribe.Anways, so you earn points when someone clicks on your profile [Believe me I am not in the run for this PS2 :-)] and this could turn out to be one of the most attractive things about CampusChai.

Click to see the contest details on CampusChai

Excellent User interface(thank God..no Ads are there on the site):
CampusChai has a very simple interface and easy to find important things on the site.Also currently,the site does not have any Ads which makes things simple.They dont even have Google Ads on the site.This makes me wonder what could be the revenue model of CampusChai?Any thoughts?

List of upcoming events:
They have a calendar system where anyone can see the recruitment events happening in the city.Again easy and simple to navigate.It is a similar facility like upcoming.org

Excellent resume management:
Last but by no means the least,the resume management is excellent in CampusChai.There is a section called as "Tags" where all the popular tags are listed eg. C,C++,VB 6.0 etc.Hence, if I want to search for candidates who are interested in working on C Language, it just involves a single click which fetches you excellent results.

Excellent Resume Management in CampusChaiCampusChai at Proto.in:

CampusChai was one of the companies which was unfortunately not among the first list of 25 startups to be showcased at Proto.in.But I am sure that with such excellent facilities and enhanced user experience,they would go a long way!!!

This what CampusChai had to say about itself at Proto.in

Campus Chai's services in a Nutshell,Courtesy:Proto.in

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At Jan 26, 2007, 4:04:00 PM , Blogger alok said...

Hi, I have checked some of the links I found it’s really informative.

You are doing a good job by sharing such information.

Thanks,
Alok

 
At Jan 26, 2007, 6:13:00 PM , Blogger Himanshu Sheth said...

Hi Alok,
Thanks for the positive feedback.Yes,I did find the CampusChai site very informative and also very useful.

Lets see what happens to CampusChai after it changes the UI of the site and also Ads would come on the site.

-Himanshu

 
At Jan 26, 2007, 8:01:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

HI,
great blog man.......
ur topics are realy intresting and information you provide are realy across wide spectrum.

Its realy worth the effort you spend to come up with such nice informative blogs..

keep it up

 
At Jan 26, 2007, 8:07:00 PM , Blogger Himanshu Sheth said...

Hi Muralidhar,
Thanks for the feedback.I would try to focus on these areas so that I can get to a wider range of audience.

Thanks.

-Himanshu

 
At Jan 29, 2007, 10:24:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Himanshu,

The way you are improving and becoming fantastic blogger by updating latest, innovative, unique, & creative in formations, with the same passions, you are making your friends to become crazy commenter and crazy visitors for your blog.

Really very good internet use and excellent way to gather latest events and information....

But I feel I am going slowly down to put in words that how interesting your blog and your analysis is....the reason with more speed you are collecting the good topics on your blog.


Hiral Shah

 
At Jan 29, 2007, 8:01:00 PM , Blogger Himanshu Sheth said...

Hi Hiral,
I would consider myself a blogger blogging for something meaningful and this blog is not only for friends,but is open forum for everyone :-)

I am not a fantastic blogger and for me,the best reward would be that I get more no of readers on my blog.

-Himanshu

 
At Mar 9, 2008, 7:20:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

great thanks

 
At Mar 9, 2008, 7:23:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

really nice

 
At Mar 18, 2008, 10:07:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

very helpful information...thanks buddy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home