July 21, 2008

Proto - IV Coverage

In my previous article, I had mentioned about Proto[the Startup event] , that I missed but it is nice to see lot of blogs already updated with the coverage smile To start with, let us look at the startups that demonstrated at the event....

Startups that demonstrated at Proto:

Source : Webyantra

Amit Ranjan of SlideShare & one of the co-organizers of the event has a crisp coverage of all the startups here

Experiences as a presenter - Prateek Dayal, Muziboo:
Few months back, we had a guest article from Nithya Dayal, co-founder of Muziboo & it is nice to see Muziboo getting shortlisted for the presentation !!! Prateek Dayal has shared lots of interesting views about the event & his experience on pitching in front of the audience !!!

Notable experiences from Prateek Dayal's blog:
Unlike some of the other startups, we had a walk through and no ppt. I think eventually turned out to be good as the response to the demo was very encouraging.

I liked the fact that proto mentioned that 3 companies have shut shop. I think its great to see that failure is no longer considered a bad thing. There was also a Proto for Dummies video which was pretty well done. I think the videos will be up on youtube pretty soon.

I had always heard that talking to investors gives you a good perspective and I think its true. I had also heard that there are quite a few senior startuppy people who give a lot of gyaan and try to pull you down and I think that is true too. In general its not very hard to find a few people in proto who look like they have come down there just to feel important by giving gyaan to clueless entrepreneurs like me.
You can read the complete article here.

Coverage across the Blogosphere:
There are lot of other blogs that have covered the event and you can find them here.

After checking the coverage of the event, I never felt that I have missed the event smile Thanks to all of them !!!!

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Jul 26, 2008, 8:57:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blogs are not appearing too frequently and for your last 5 blogs there is just 1 comment!!!

Wonder why ???

 
At Jul 28, 2008, 1:41:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,
@Anonymous:
Thanks for the comment.With your comment, the count becomes 2 :) Yes,the frequency has gone down a BIT but I hope the QUALITY still remains the same [as before].

There are no particular reasons for the same but do keep reading this blog !!

Check out my latest article on Business Failure, hope you like it :)

Thanks again.

-Himanshu Sheth

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home